Multimedia equipment is available for checkout at the Checkout Desk. Some items are provided by the Student Technology Fee and may only be checked out by Georgia Southern students. Other equipment is available for faculty and staff too.
All AV equipment is packaged with needed accessories and these will need to be returned with the equipment.
- Laptops and iPads – checkout is for four hours and for in-library use only. Laptops are loaded with Microsoft Office and other usual software. iPads come with a set of preloaded apps and other content.
- Digital still Canon and Olympus cameras – Each camera comes with USB sync cable for copying photos to a computer as well as chargers, tripods, batteries, etc.
- Video cameras – We also have a webcam available for checkout. Tripods are available for checkout, both full-sized and mini for use with our camera equipment.
- LCD projectors – for in-library use only. There are a few of the older models that can leave the building. The projector includes a cable for hooking your laptop computer up to the projector for presentations or group collaborations. We do not provide cords for hooking up games or DVD players. Also, the projectors do not have built-in TV tuners, meaning you will not be able to project TV broadcasts without some other form of input, such as a VCR. Projection screens are also available.
- Headphones, with and without microphones – checkout is for four hours and for in-library use only.
- The Checkout Desk offers several other pieces of equipment for checkout. These include: cassette tape players, VCR, Slide projectors, and other AV equipment.