|Type of Material||Undergraduate Students and East Georgia at GS students||Graduate Students and Honors College Students||Faculty, Emeriti and Staff|
|Books and Government Documents||Four weeks with two renewals||One semester with no renewals||One semester with two renewals|
|DVD / VHS||One week with two renewals||One week with two renewals||One week with two renewals|
|Audiobooks - CD or Cassette (Available at Statesboro Only)||Four weeks with two renewals||Four weeks with two renewals||Four weeks with two renewals|
|Equipment||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|GIL Express - Items Borrowed from other USG libraries||Four weeks with two renewals||Four weeks with two renewals||Four weeks with two renewals|
|Type of Material||Retirees (USG)||Alumni||Community|
|Books and Government Documents||Four weeks with two renewals- Limited to five items||Four weeks with two renewals- Limited to five items||Four weeks with two renewals- Limited to five items|
|DVD / VHS||One week with two renewals- Limited to five items||One week with two renewals- Limited to five items||One week with two renewals- Limited to five items|
|Audiobooks (Available at Statesboro Only)||Four weeks with two renewals||Four weeks with two renewals||Four weeks with two renewals|
|Headphones||Four hours - Henderson|
Six hours - Lane
|Four hours - Henderson|
Six hours - Lane
|Four hours - Henderson
Six hours - Lane
|GIL Express - Items Borrowed from other USG libraries||Four weeks with two renewals||Not Available||Not Available|
Paying for Lost Library Materials
- Payments for lost library items may be made online using a credit card at the Georgia Southern Marketplace website.
- The Georgia Southern University Libraries will accept replacement copies for any lost item in lieu of paying the item’s replacement cost.
- Refunds will be issued if items are found and returned after payment was submitted. Items paid for via the Georgia Southern Marketplace will be credited back to the bank or credit card by which it was paid.
- The Georgia Southern Libraries will look for all lost books at least once before placing holds on account records.
- Georgia Southern Libraries will update Banner accounts manually once payment is made through Marketplace. Please note that library holds do not block registration for classes.
- If you have questions about lost library materials please contact the Georgia Southern University Libraries.
Armstrong & Liberty Campus
Zach S. Henderson Library
PO Box 4074
PO Box 8074
- Materials placed on Reserve are processed 8:00 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday. At different points during the semester, such as beginning, mid-term, and finals, it can take up to four working days to process your reserve materials. Under normal circumstances it takes only 1-2 days.
- Once the item is available you will receive an email confirming it is on reserve. Items will not display in the catalog until 7:00 am the next morning.
- Materials on Reserve in the Library may be checked out during regular library hours.
- You may place your personal copy of a book/ article/DVD on course reserve. Please allow time for processing these items. While we always try to be particularly careful with personal copies, we cannot guarantee that they will not be damaged or become lost while checked out by library patrons.
What types of materials may be placed on Reserve?
- Any book in the Georgia Southern Libraries collection.
- Any privately owned book.
- Photocopies of articles and chapters from books may be placed on Reserve, subject to Board of Regents copyright policies.
- In addition to library resources, instructors are also welcome to place items such as class notes and syllabi, sample tests, homework solutions, etc. on Reserve. In addition, DVDs/Video Recordings, CD-ROMs and other media items may be placed on Reserve.
- Materials to be placed on Reserve should be brought to the Checkout/Reserve Desk. When placing materials for processing, instructors should submit a Reserve Materials Form.
- Instructors know the details of the work and its intended use. The instructor must evaluate whether permissions and/or a license are needed and that the work is being used under copyright fair use. Instructors must fill out the Fair Use Checklist and keep a copy.
Add materials to Course Reserves using the Reserve Materials Form.
Last updated: 3/8/2023