Social Media Policy at Lane Library
Social Media Policy
Lane Library enjoys the opportunity to connect with you through social media. As we share our news, hours, events, book and technology-related topics with you, we encourage you to communicate and interact with us. Comment, “like”, retweet, and share your experiences.
As we strive to create a welcoming environment that protects personal dignity, we have established the following social media policies:
We reserve the right to remove any contributed content from Lane Library social media, including comments. Content that will be removed includes, but is not limited to:
- Harrassing content as defined by Armstrong’s harassment policy, which includes “epithets, slurs, negative stereotyping, or threatening, intimidating or hostile acts that relate to race, color religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.”
- Content containing personal attacks, insults, or threats.
- Spam, solicitations, and commercial promotions.
- Content that is illegal or advocates illegal activity.
- Content that violates another person’s privacy.
- Nudity or obscene content not otherwise justifiable by academic or artistic considerations.
Please direct any concerns about Lane Library social media content to the University Librarian.
Thank you for participating in the conversation!
Last updated: 7/3/2018