Study Rooms, Classrooms and Other Spaces
Reserve Group Study Rooms
For Fall 2020 we have increased the group study room booking window to 2 weeks in advance and the 2-person minimum per study room has been temporarily removed.
- Reserve a study room in the Henderson Library
- Reserve a study room in the Lane Library
- Reserve a study room in the Armstrong Learning Commons
- Reserve a study room at the Liberty Center
Reserve a Graduate Study Room at Henderson
Four study rooms on the fourth floor and two on the third floor are reserved for graduate students only. To reserve the Graduate Study Rooms go to the Checkout Desk on the second floor or call (912) 478-5647.
After reserving a room, graduate students should ask for a key at the Checkout Desk. Keys will be checked out for four hours at a time. Graduate Students may reserve a room once per day for up to 4 hours. They may be reserved 24 hours in advance.
Presentation Practice Rooms/Group DVD viewing Room
Presentation Practice Rooms (located on the 1st floor of Henderson Library, Room 1202A & B) are intended for the rehearsal of presentations as opposed to individual or group study. Room 1202B is also available for small groups wanting to view DVD’s or other media. To reserve a Presentation Practice Room, click here.
Research Services Classroom – Henderson Room 1308
- Reservations for classroom 1308 are to be requested at least 48 hours before the event date to be scheduled. Room Reservations will be processed Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Academic instruction by librarians along with library sponsored events take precedence over any scheduled event and may result in your reservation being moved, rescheduled, or cancelled.
- Events and room reservations requiring set up/arrangements must be requested 2 weeks in advance.
- All requesters should designate someone to check in at the checkout desk on the 2nd floor of Henderson Library before and after the reservation. Library personnel will be able to unlock and lock the room.
- A reservation confirmation with instructions will be provided with every approved request. The confirmation will also include instructions for cancellations. For more information contact the Research Services Department at 912-478-8462 or email@example.com.
Last Minute Reservations
A last minute reservation is defined as a room reservation request processed before 5:00 PM on the same day. Last minute reservations are subject to approval based on staff availability excluding weekends, the week before, and of finals week.
- The library’s official classroom policy states that we cannot provide classroom space for faculty to teach their regularly scheduled classes. These rooms are reserved for library instruction, library workshops, library and campus affiliated events.
- To request library instruction: https://library.georgiasouthern.edu/services/instruction-facility-request-form/
- Please allow at least 48 hours for your request to be scheduled. Unless otherwise requested, a librarian liaison will be assigned to you based on your course name and or department. Your library liaison will use your additional information to help tailor your instruction request and will be available for contact, questions, and concerns regarding your instruction request.
- To cancel your instruction request please respond to your confirmation email.
- Faculty & Staff requesting a room reservation that is not instruction related please submit your request through 25 Live. Assistance can be provided from the website.
- Faculty & Staff can request a room reservation that is not campus affiliated by using this link.
- Please use 25 Live to request room 1308 for final exams, training, & tests. Assistance can be provided from the website. Requests for special software must be indicated in the reservation request “Event Comments to Scheduler” and will be accommodated if possible.
- Students can request a room reservation for their campus affiliated organization/student group 1 day out of the week every week until the end of the semester or for 3 consecutive days not to exceed 2 weeks to accommodate ongoing events.
- Requests require advisor approval to be confirmed. Dates scheduled during holidays, the week before and of finals week will be canceled. Accommodations are subject to approval based on classroom policy.
- Overnight requests (12 am-7 am) will no longer be approved.
- If a campus affiliated organization fails to sign in/out at the Research Services Desk for 3 consecutive reservations with failure to notify the scheduler in advance, the remaining reservations will be removed.
- If the Creston (projector and display console) is left on after 1 warning remaining reservations will be removed.
- If the room is not left in the condition it was found, after 1 warning remaining reservations will be removed.
Last updated: 5/24/2021