Upcoming Changes to GALILEO Resources
Please note changes to the following GALILEO resources, which are scheduled to take effect during the summer. GALILEO is undertaking these changes to better align resources with partner institutions’ needs and in order to support new initiatives. Please monitor GALILEO Planet News for more information.
GALILEO Is Replacing Nexis Uni with Westlaw Legal
GALILEO will replace Nexis Uni with Westlaw Legal during the early summer, likely in May or June. Access to Nexis Uni will end July 1st, at which time all links will be removed from the library website. The University Libraries will announce Westlaw Legal as soon as it becomes available.
GALILEO Is Cancelling WorldCat Discover, FirstSearch, and FirstSearch Databases
Access to WorldCat Discover, FirstSearch, and the following FirstSearch Databases will end July 1st, at which time all links will be removed from the library website. The University Libraries may subscribe to FirstSearch as funding allows. The Libraries will continue to support access to the free version of WorldCat, which is available via the Libraries’ A-Z database list and online at https://www.worldcat.org/. For alternative resources, please contact your Library Liaison.
FirstSearch databases affected by this change (most resources available via WorldCat.org or other library databases):
- Electronic Books
- ERIC (resources available via EBSCOhost and gov)
- GPO Monthly Catalog (resources available via govinfo)
- MEDLINE (resources available via EBSCOhost and Web of Science)
- WorldCat Discover (not WorldCat.org)
- WorldCat Dissertations and Theses
For more information, Ask Us!
- Zach S. Henderson Library: Contact the Research Services Desk at 912-478-5645.
- Lane Library: Contact the Reference Desk at 912-344-3026.
Posted in Hours and Special Alerts