Give to the University Libraries through “For the Love of Blue” campaign
As you consider supporting the Georgia Southern For the Love of Blue campaign, consider earmarking your gift for one of the Libraries’ ten funds or endowments.
Gifts of any amount to the following funds are very welcome and meaningful:
- Henderson Library Fund (0212): This is a general foundation account supporting the collection budget, furnishings, and general expenses.
- Lane Library Fund (AS2225): General foundation account which supports book purchasing, furnishings and general expenses.
- Library Book Fund (3515): For gifts of at least $500.00, a mini-endowment purchases one book per year in perpetuity with an appropriate book plate and acknowledgement to the donor(s). An informational plate will be added to the book or resource reflecting the name of the donor(s) and, if desired, the name of the person(s) in honor of whom the title was given. The items selected will be within a specific discipline if that is the desire of the donor(s), but the Library will be responsible for selecting the title each year.
- Henderson Library Memorials (0569): A fund to purchase books in memory of departed friends or family members. An informational plate will be added to the book or resource reflecting the name of the person(s) in honor of whom the title was given.
- Veronica Davis Derst Library Endowment (3258): Created by the Derst family in Savannah, the interest from this account is used to pay for online library subscriptions such as Wall Street Journal Online.
- Naomi Davis McElveen Library Art Fund (3288): A fund supporting the purchase of art (usually student works) for the Henderson Library.
- Bede & Carrie Mitchell Library Endowment (3589): A fund for books and resources supporting the academic programs within Georgia Southern’s School of Nursing.
- Friends of the Henderson Library Fund (0623): The Friends sponsor cultural events such as guest lectures and book signing events by authors of note. They also support collection purchases and initiatives.
- Marvin L. Goss Special Collections Fund (0930): A fund supporting the purchase of archival supplies for Special Collections.
- Patrons with Disabilities Fund (0738): To purchase adaptive learning technologies in support of students with disabilities.
For more on ways to support the Libraries, see https://library.georgiasouthern.edu/support/.
Posted in Uncategorized