Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service at Lane Library (Armstrong campus)
Lane Library welcomes all new and returning patrons to the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service. Over the summer we became part of Henderson Library’s ILLiad server, so a few changes to our service were made. Here are a few tips on how to use ILL from now on:
- All Armstrong Campus users will need to register as First Time Users in the consolidated ILLiad. The signup page is here: https://webill.lib.georgiasouthern.edu/illiad/illiad.dll?Action=99. All patrons will need to read the FAQ and then go to the link directly above it (“First Time Users”) to register for ILL.
- All of the red-starred fields are required and must be filled out. The rest are optional.
- The most important part is near the bottom, where you will be asked to choose Henderson or Lane Library for pickup of books. If you work at the Armstrong campus in Savannah or the Liberty Center in Hinesville, PLEASE CHOOSE LANE LIBRARY! This will ensure your books are sent here instead of to Henderson Library in Statesboro.
- The second most important part is that now your EagleID is your ILLiad username. It is your 900 or 901 number. If you do not know your EagleID you can see it in your My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu portal. It is the 3rd link under “Personal Settings” on the left.
- You get to choose your own password now! It needs to be 4 digits or more, but there are no other requirements such as upper/lower case, numbers, or special characters. If you forget your password, we can set a temporary one for you.
- Your initial ILLiad registration must be verified by ILL staff before you can submit requests. We will try to complete all verifications within one business day of submission. An email will be sent when this is done, so patrons will know when they can begin ordering items.
- The personal information only needs to be filled out once. Patrons who do not fill this page out will have their requests delayed until we receive the needed information.
Hopefully these tips will make navigating the new ILL world easier. If you have any questions please feel free to call 912-344-3125 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Melissa Jackson, Lane Library, Armstrong Campus, Savannah