New Resource: The New York Times Online
The library now subscribes to the New York Times Online. This subscription allows all students, faculty, and staff to access New York Times articles from the beginning of the newspaper’s publication to the current day.
The library’s subscription to the New York Times Online allows you to login and view articles using any desktop, laptop, or mobile web browser, as well as the New York Times mobile app on Android devices. It is not compatible with iPhone, iPad, or Windows 8 or 10 mobile apps. If you own one of these devices, use your device’s web browser (e.g., Safari, Chrome, Explorer) to set up your account and access the New York Times Online.
To access New York Times Online subscribed content, all users must create a personal account using their Georgia Southern email address. Follow the instructions below to set up and access your personal account.
To create a New York Times Online account:
- From your device’s web browser, go to http://libez.lib.georgiasouthern.edu/login?url=http://www.nytimes.com/grouppass.
- Click the “Create an Account” button on the right-hand side of the middle of the page.
- Enter your Georgia Southern email address as your user name and create a unique password for your account. If you previously created a New York Times account with your Georgia Southern email, you will need to remove this email from any other account first.
- Click “Enter” and your account will be created.
To log into your account from a web browser:
- From your device’s web browser, open the New York Times website at http://www.nytimes.com.
- Click on the “Log In” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- When prompted, enter your account username and password, and enjoy unlimited access to New York Times content.
Android users can download the free New York Times app from the Google Play app store, and then log in with their user name and password; however, you cannot create your account from within the app itself.
If you have any questions, please contact the Information Services Desk at (912) 478-5645.