For more information about giving opportunities, please contact library administration (912) 478-5115, or email@example.com. You can expedite your support by donating online. The Friends of Henderson Library automatically recognize any financial support to the library as eligible for membership within the Friends. The Friends of Henderson Library are especially grateful to our supporters.
Supporting an Existing Special Fund
Gifts of any amount to the following funds are very welcome and meaningful:
- Henderson Library Fund (0212): This is a general foundation account supporting the collection budget, furnishings, and general expenses.
- Library Book Fund (3515): For gifts of at least $500.00, a mini-endowment purchases one book per year in perpetuity with an appropriate book plate and acknowledgement to the donor(s). An informational plate will be added to the book or resource reflecting the name of the donor(s) and, if desired, the name of the person(s) in honor of whom the title was given. The items selected will be within a specific discipline if that is the desire of the donor(s), but the Library will be responsible for selecting the title each year.
- Henderson Library Memorials (0569): A fund to purchase books in memory of departed friends or family members. An informational plate will be added to the book or resource reflecting the name of the person(s) in honor of whom the title was given.
- Veronica Davis Derst Library Endowment (3258): Created by the Derst family in Savannah, the interest from this account is used to pay for online library subscriptions such as Wall Street Journal Online.
- Naomi Davis McElveen Library Art Fund (3288): A fund supporting the purchase of art (usually student works) for the Henderson Library.
- Bede & Carrie Mitchell Library Endowment (3589): A fund for books and resources supporting the academic programs within Georgia Southern’s School of Nursing.
- Friends of the Henderson Library Fund (0623): The Friends sponsor cultural events such as guest lectures and book signing events by authors of note. They also support collection purchases and initiatives.
- Marvin L. Goss Special Collections Fund (0930): A fund supporting the purchase of archival supplies for Special Collections.
- Patrons with Disabilities Fund (0738): To purchase adaptive learning technologies in support of students with disabilities.
Mini Endowments for Books and Other Resources
A gift of $500 will guarantee that we will purchase one book or other resource each year in perpetuity, with an appropriate book plate and acknowledgment to the donor(s). An informational plate will be added to the book or resource reflecting the name of the donor(s) and, if desired, the name of the person(s) in honor of whom the title was given. The items selected will be within a specific discipline if that is the desire of the donor(s), but the Library will be responsible for selecting the title each year.
For each additional $500 added to the fund we will purchase an additional book or resource annually. Thus if a $500 fund is increased by $1500 the resulting total of $2000 will enable us to add four titles annually.
Adopting a Subscription
Those interested in giving annually may choose to support a library subscription to a scholarly journal or electronic database. This is also a good option for anyone who could create an endowment which would earn sufficient annual interest to support the subscription.
The proposed subscriptions must meet the Library’s selection criteria for supporting one or more of the university’s academic programs. A good example of this is the Veronica Derst fund, which pays for a subscription to the electronic version of the Wall Street Journal. Another example would be supporting the licensing fee of academic or office software used in our computer laboratory by students and faculty.
Friends of the Henderson Library
Gifts of any size are welcome to the Friends of the Henderson Library fund, which supports fund raising activities for the Library and programming of interest to the local community, such as guest lectures, book signing events by authors of note, and exhibits of art and literary achievements drawn from the Library’s many collections. More about Friends of the Library
Special Collections, Preserving the History of South Georgia
Henderson Library’s Department of Special Collections is responsible for collecting and preserving documents relating to the history of our region, and monetary gifts to the Special Collections fund greatly facilitate the collection of such materials.
Donating Books and Other Materials to the Library
The Library welcomes donations of books and other materials that meet our collection development criteria. For further information, call the Collection and Resource Services Department at (912) 478-5114.