The events listed are taken from A History of Georgia Teachers College, a thesis by Dudley Benjamin Christie for the University of Georgia in 1943.
July 1 - Dr. Marvin S. Pittman comes to South Georgia Teachers College from Michigan State Normal School, where he was Director of Rural Education.
November 5 - New plan of student government approved by faculty.
Dr. Pittman enlists the interest of the Rosenwald Fund to add subjects to the curriculum to facilitate rural education.
Sanford Hall (men's dormitory) opens. New building projects included a health cottage, new post office and bookstore.
October 3 - Fourteen additions are made to faculty, one in almost every department.
December 5 - Lewis Hall Dormitory, new library, and Laboratory High School dedicated.
September 1 - South Georgia Teachers College becomes Georgia Teachers College.
College laboratory schools increase enrollment to 388.
The 1941 controversy, Pittman dismissed by Board of Regents.
Student enrollment decreases.
Dr. Pittman is recalled as president of Georgia Teachers College.