284. Presley (Delma Eugene) collection of South Georgia history and
- Gift of Mr. E. Herman Warnock through Dr. Presley; gift of the
family of Francis Harper through Dr. Presley, 1999.
- This collection is presently composed of two groups: 1) A large
ledger, accompanied by folders, containing information about land lots in
South Central Georgia owned by the Georgia Land and Lumber Company, late
19th century; 2) notebooks, papers and photographs of plant life and
culture of the Okefenokee Swamp, collected by Dr. Francis Harper,
1912-1951. This material was used for works by Dr. Presley.
Finding aids available.
These materials are not available online. If you wish to view or copy
them, please contact Special Collections.
- 1. Georgia Land and Lumber Company.
- 2. Georgia - History - 19th century -
- 3. Land tenure - Georgia - History
- 19th century.
- 4. Harper, Francis, 1886-1972.
- 5. Okefenokee Swamp (Ga. And
Fla.) - History.
- 6. Natural history - Georgia
- Okefenokee Swamp.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- I. Harper, Francis, 1886-1972.
- II. Presley, Delma Eugene.
- III. Warnock, E. Herman.