152. Kendrick (Edward) indenture from His Majesty's Exchequer, 179-
- 1 envelope.
- Gift of Mr. Lucian Lamar Knight, 1933.
- Attanched are two taxation stamps of the type that led to turmoil
when Britain required their use in the colonies for all publications and
legal documents. Half an indenture; stamps.
This item is not available online. If you wish to view or copy it, please
contact Special Collections.
- 1. Kendrick, Edward, fl. 1790.
- 2. Stamp Act, 1765.
- 3. Stamps - Duties - United
States - Specimens.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- I. Knight, Lucian Lamar, 1868-1933.