PRESENTATION PRACTICE ROOM
The Learning Commons’ Presentation Room is intended for the rehearsal
of presentations as opposed to individual or group study. If there are questions
please contact someone at the Learning Commons Desk
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The room must be reserved on a first come first serve basis in order to
- Reservations can be made online using the Meeting
Room Booking Software. (See instructions.)
- Walk-in requests will be directed to make reservations using the MRBS.
- Reservations are limited to two (2) hour time blocks.
- Reservations may be made up to two (2) weeks in advance.
- Users are asked to (1) turn off all equipment in the room prior to leaving
and (2) return the room to its original state.
- Users are asked to check out the presentation room key and laser pointer/clicker
from the Circulation Desk.
- The Learning Commons Director or a designated person will provide instructions
on how to use the equipment if necessary. Instructions may also include a
handout placed on the teacher workstation in the presentation room. Please
be on time for your reserved time.
- Food and drink are permitted. However, the requestor of the room assumes
all responsibility for any damages (facility or equipment) that may occur
while using the presentation room.
- The Learning Commons Director or a designated person will check the presentation
room for occupancy. If a requestor does not occupy the room within 15 minutes
after the reservation period begins then the room will become available for
another person to request.
- The presentation room cannot be held by leaving personal belongings inside.
The library is not and will not be responsible for items left in the room.
Unattended items will be taken to the Lost & Found at the Circulation
Desk on the second floor.
- Users are asked to close the door upon leaving.
GROUP STUDY ROOMS: (2 kinds!)
Study Rooms for General Use
In the first half of each semester, Group Study Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis on the first and third floors. Groups of two or more have priority over individuals, Georgia Southern students have priority over all other Library users, and we ask that people use a room for a maximum of four hours at a time.
After midterms, this policy is still in effect until 5pm Sunday through Thursday. After 5 o'clock on those days, only groups may use the rooms.
All problems should be reported to the Circulation/Reserve Desk on the second floor.
Study Rooms for Graduate Students
Four study rooms on the fouth floor are reserved for graduate
only. To reserve the Graduate Study Rooms or Viewing Room, please go to the Circulation/Reserve Desk on the second floor or call 478-5647. After reserving a room,
graduate students should ask for a key
at the Circulation/Reserve Desk. Keys will be checked out for four
hours at a