Module 8 – Citation Styles and Giving Credit
Goal – Students will learn how to properly cite information and avoid plagiarism.
Objectives – At completion of this learning module, you will be able to
- Demonstrate how to cite information.
- Explain how to avoid plagiarism by giving credit where credit is due.
It may be helpful to print this page and check off items as you complete them.
- Read M8 _GALILEO OLLC 8: Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due
- Read M8_Badke Ch 8: Learning to Read (William Badke, Trinity Western University)
- Read M8_Badke Ch 9: Organizing Notes (William Badke, Trinity Western University)
- Watch Using Information Ethically presentations w/ audio (Lisa Smith, Georgia Southern University)
- Watch M8_Plagiarism and Citing Info videos (Rutgers University)
Note: Be sure to click any hyperlinks within the documents you read in order to view movies or other supporting documentation. Hyperlinks are also duplicated under “Content”