Information Services and Library Liaison Program
Who are we?
Department Head: contact Jocelyn Poole at 478-7818 or e-mail
See brief biographies and the liaison responsibilities of the Librarians in Information Services. For more about the Information Services department, see the Information Services Department page.
About the Library Liaison Program
The Library Liaison Program came into existence to give the professional staff more visibility beyond our building. It provides an avenue for more active participation in the culture of engagement across campus. Outreach to faculty members in their departments is the best way to: 1) support their teaching; 2) better match library collections to suit undergraduate needs; and 3) improve access to those materials. We want to become the familiar and friendly face of information resources for faculty and students across campus.
What library liaisons can do for faculty (full-time, temporary and adjunct professors all):
- Each librarian is available for one on one consultations. New faculty just getting acquainted with GSU library resources in general or returning faculty who want updating on new electronic additions find these sessions helpful. We would be happy to show your our standard fare and new products. Please call us at 478-5645 or email us to set up an appointment time.
- Hold special seminars in the library or in your college on information resource related topics for faculty at your request. (Some advance notice is required but we'll be as nimble as possible for hot topics of interest to you.)
- Teach Bibliographic Instruction to your classes and prepare customized hand-outs for these BI sessions that can be accessed through E-Reserves. Requests for instruction may be submitted online. Hands-on instruction is also available.
- Create subject guides for your discipline. If you have preferred websites and print titles that you want included, please email your references to us. We will make them accessible from the library home page. You are welcome to post them on your department or college web page as well.
- Please take a look at our online "point and click" subject guides developed for majors in each of the colleges. It's called EAGLE SOURCE. Standard print sources along with internet sites are included for the convenience of your students.
- We are happy to collaborate with researchers on data management plans (DMP’s) for grant proposals. Our institutional repository,EagleScholar, is provided as a freely accessible, perpetual, online archive for the intellectual output of anyone at Georgia Southern University. This can be a crucial element of your data management plan. We also provide a template for your DMP. Simply save a copy of this Google Doc and edit as appropriate. Your librarians, along with the Office of Research Services & Sponsored Programs, are happy to assist you with your data management plan.
Return to Henderson Library
Last updated 03/11/2012