Learning Module 7 - Evaluating Sources, Critical Thinking, Active Reading
Goal - Students will be able to actively read and evaluate information as well as perform scholarly writing.
Objectives - At completion of this learning module, you will be able to
- Explain how to evaluate information found during research process using CRAAP.
- Explain how to actively read information.
- Explain techniques used in critical thinking and scholarly writing.
- It may be helpful to print this page and check off items as you complete them.
- Read M7_GALILEO OLLC 9: Evaluating Sources
- Read M7_Badke Ch 8 (William Badke, Trinity Western University)
- Read M7_Badke Ch 9 (William Badke, Trinity Western University)
- Read M7_Badke Ch 10 (William Badke, Trinity Western University)
- Read M7_ACT_ScholarlyWriting (Academic Reading with Active Critical Thinking, 1996)
- Watch CRAAP presentations w/ audio (Lisa Smith, Georgia Southern University)
- Read M7_EvaluatingInfo (Lisa Smith, Georgia Southern University)
- Proceed to the next learning module.
- Go back to previous learning module.
Note: Be sure to click any hyperlinks within the documents you read in order to view movies or other supporting documentation. Hyperlinks are also duplicated under "Content"