Learning Module 1 - Introduction to Research
Goal - After completing this module, you will understand the research process and why research is conducted.
Objectives - At the completion of this learning module, you will be able to:
- Define the 10 step research process
- Explain why research is conducted
- Explain how to develop a research question
- Define major sections of research article
- Identify various resource formats
- Differentiate between primary and secondary sources
- Differentiate between scholarly and non-scholarly sources
- Read M1-Introduction to Research
- Read M1- OLLC Unit 1: Welcome to the Information Age
- Read M1- OLLC Unit 2: Starting Your Search
- Read M1- Badke Ch 1: Taking Charge
- View M1-Research Process video (William Badke, Trinity Western University)
- View M1 -What Makes a Journal Scholarly video (Rutgers University)
- Proceed to the next learning module.
Note: Be sure to click any hyperlinks within the documents you read in order to view movies or other supporting documentation. Hyperlinks are also duplicated under "Content"