You can always use the Exact Search, if you search for library materials with the exact information you know already, such as:
- Author Name
- Book Title
- Journal Title or Magazine Title
- Call Number
Step 1: Start Exact Search
1. Click the "Exact Search" from the GIL Universal Catalog.
Step 2. Exact Search Options
1. The Exact Search is ready after you click the Exact Search from the Universal Catalog.
2. Decide which search option you need to choose. If you know the book's exact title,
you can start use the "Title" search.
3. If you try to check a journal or a magazine title, you need to highlight the "
Journal/Magazine/Newspaper Title" option.
4. If you are not sure how to search, please feel free to contact the Information Services Librarians for help.
Step 3. Type Your Search Term(s)
1. If you start searching a book titled "Gone with the Wind", for example,
you can type lower cases all the time.
2. If the book's title starts with an article, such as "A", "An", or "The",
you just need to type the book's title without the article.
3. For example, you just need to type "old man and the sea", if you are searching a book
titled "The Old Man and the Sea."
4. After you finish typing a book's title, click the "GO" button to start the Exact Search.
Step 4. The List of Exact Search Results
1. The List of Exact Search Result is now ready for your review.
2. The Total of Search Results is displayed on the top.
3. You may click the book title for more detailed information.
4. Or, you may scroll down the window to check other library items.
5. Click the "Next" button to see another page of Search Results.
6. Click the "Previous" button to go back or start a new search, if necessary.
7. Ask for help in case that you feel confused.
Step 5. Detailed Information
1. The detailed information about this library item is displayed.
2. If you like it, you may use the GIL Express
to borrow this library book for 30 days.
3. If you don't think this is what you need, go back to check another library item
from the List of Search Results.
4. Please ask for help if you don't know how to access the GIL Express.
Three Search Options for the GIL Universal Catalog:
Go Back To the Top
Go Back To Virtual Classroom