Explore the New and Improved GIL-Find Catalog
This May, GALILEO released the new GIL-Find catalog for all University System of Georgia (USG) campuses, including Georgia Southern University. This new, unified GIL-Find catalog replaces the library’s legacy GIL Classic, GIL-Find, and GIL Universal catalogs. GIL-Find allows you to search Henderson Library’s collections, request books for purchase as part of the library’s elective purchasing plan, and search for and request items from other USG campuses. GIL-Find resources may also be found in Discover @ Georgia Southern.
- Log into Your Library Account & Renew Borrowed Materials
- Place a Hold Request for Library Materials
- Request an Item Stored in the ARC
- Search All University System of Georgia (USG) Collections
- Request Items from Other USG Campuses (via GIL Express)
- Request Items to be Added to the Library Collection (ON DEMAND)
While GIL-Find is fully functional, implementation of all GIL-Find features remains ongoing. For this reason, some library services may be interrupted until implementation is complete. Please note the following service interruptions, which GALILEO and the library are working to resolve as quickly as possible.
- Google Scholar Library Links for Georgia Southern University are temporarily unavailable. GALILEO is working with Google to restore this service. Georgia Southern’s Library Links should be available again in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, consider using the library’s discovery tool, Discover @ Georgia Southern, for your research. Discover @ Georgia Southern provides similar results to Google Scholar, including direct links to the full text of articles and other resources.
- Currently, when navigating from Discover @ Georgia Southern to GIL-Find using a See in GIL-Find link, you will be unable to log into your personal library account in GIL-Find to request a hold for the book. Until this is corrected, if you wish to place a hold for the book, you will need to search for it in GIL-Find after finding it in Discover.
If you have any questions, please contact the Information Services Desk at (912) 478-5645.