HOT DOC: There’s an app for that!
* Browse editions of the Congressional Record by date.
* Perform keyword searches within individual documents or sections within documents.
* Identify the latest bills and resolutions considered daily on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives.
* Identify the latest bills, resolutions, treaties, and nominations considered daily on the floor of the U.S. Senate.
* Save documents to your preferred iPad PDF reader.
* Share documents via email.
GPO will play an ongoing role in enabling LOC to determine when updates to Congressional Record content are available through access to site maps on GPO’s Federal Digital System (FDsys). The link for the new app is: <http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-congressional-record/id492077075> or you can search in the App Store for “The Congressional Record.”
“The GPO appreciates the opportunity to participate in this project, and is pleased that our partnership with the Library of Congress continues to evolve in the digital age,” said Acting Public Printer Davita Vance-Cooks. “GPO is here to meet the information dissemination needs of Congress, and this new Congressional Record app is one more way that GPO is supporting Congress and its daily legislative functions.”
For the full press release, see: <http://www.gpo.gov/pdfs/news-media/press/12news04.pdf>.
Shared with you by:
Lori Gwinett, Government Documents Librarian