Welcome back, students!
As the new school year approaches, we here at the Zach S. Henderson library would like to remind everyone of the services and resources that are available to all students.
1. We love to get your recommendations for books, videos, etc., to purchase for the library! You can e-mail Jonathan Harwell, Coordinator of Content Management, at email@example.com or use the form at http://library.georgiasouthern.edu/forms/booksuggestions.html
2. We’re eager to add your research projects, conference presentations, etc., to our new EagleScholar institutional repository (online archive), free of charge! Check out EagleScholar at http://eaglescholar.georgiasouthern.edu and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with anything you’d like to submit for consideration. (Your theses and dissertations are automatically added to EagleScholar!)
3. We obtain books for you from other University System of Georgia libraries, via express shipments free of charge(!), with the GIL Express service. Details at http://library.georgiasouthern.edu/access/gilxp.html
4. We obtain books, articles, etc., for you from libraries worldwide, free of charge, with our interlibrary loan service. We also deliver items (from our library or any other) to distance students, also at no charge! Details at http://blogs.georgiasouthern.edu/zachsnews/gsuill/
5. We provide a Presentation Practice Room, free of charge, on the first floor of the library! Reserve a 2-hour slot at http://library.georgiasouthern.edu/rooms.html
6. We provide you with Your Very Own Librarian for personalized research assistance! Find your Subject Specialist Librarian at http://tinyurl.com/zachslibrarian & make an appointment, or chat with a librarian at http://library.georgiasouthern.edu/libref/imref.html
7. We provide you with two different interfaces for the library catalog– one for exact searches and one with social tools such as tagging, comments, and similar item recommendations! Check out the old-school GIL Classic at https://gil.georgiasouthern.edu/ and the new social GIL-Find at http://gilfind.georgiasouthern.edu/
8. We provide you with over 500 databases via GALILEO, including lots of specialized ones for specific subject areas. Some of the newest include PsycARTICLES, SAE Digital Library (engineering), RIA Checkpoint (accounting), & Oxford Music Online. Keep an eye on our Facebook, or the Zach’s News blog at http://blogs.georgiasouthern.edu/zachsnews/, for more in the very near future!
9. We’ve designed a brand-new Henderson Library website for you! Navigate easily with tabs, search boxes, & drop-down menus for the library catalog, databases, e-journals, & much more, at http://library.georgiasouthern.edu/
(If this list seems familiar, that’s because it’s based on Jonathan’s list of the Top 10 things that the Zach S. Henderson Library does for grad students! )
Have a great year, and we hope to see you in the library soon!
Tags: books, databases, e-journals, eaglescholar, events, facebook, GALILEO, gil classic, gil express, gil-find, interlibrary loan, library catalog, library liaison, oxford music online, presentation practice room, PsycARTICLES, ria checkpoint, sae digital library, study rooms, subject specialists