Preview eBooks on EBSCOhost and provide feedback
Dear GALILEO users,
As you may remember, EBSCO acquired NetLibrary about a year ago. Since that time, EBSCO has been working to optimize access to ebooks using the EBSCOhost interface.
A preview of the new interface for eBooks on EBSCOhost is now available (see links below). This preview offers an early look at the update of the NetLibrary interface that will be coming sometime this summer. NetLibrary is available to public and academic libraries through GALILEO. Please note that these are generic preview sites for different library communities provided by EBSCO, and they do not yet include the NetLibrary titles purchased by your institution.
Please review the interface here and provide feedback to EBSCO by taking their survey:
See the full announcement from EBSCO below for notes on features.
If you have any questions or need more information, please use GALILEO’s Contact Us feature or contact ITS Customer Services at email@example.com.
GALILEO Support Services
Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia
2500 Daniells Bridge Road, Building 300
Athens, GA 30606-3539
Phone: Toll-Free 1-888-875-3697 Fax: (706) 583-2294
From: EBSCO Publishing [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:25 AM
Subject: Preview eBooks on EBSCOhost
Dear EBSCO Customer,
As you may know, approximately one year ago, EBSCO acquired NetLibrary, a leading eBook provider and platform. As eBooks become more prominently used and relied upon by libraries, they are an ideal addition to the EBSCO suite of resources.
We are writing to let you know that you now have access to a preview of the integration of eBooks on EBSCOhost.
As a current EBSCOhost subscriber, you can access this preview of eBooks on EBSCOhost in the following way:
Go to the New Features area on EBSCOhost within your existing EBSCO database subscription.
These key features of eBooks on EBSCOhost will enable you to:
* View the Table of Contents directly from the Result List and Detail Record
* Browse by subject, genre, etc.
* Enjoy the rich Result List with evaluative data
* Use the “search-within functionality” to search for specific terms within a book (a search will yield a list of hyperlinked pages)
* Examine documents more closely using the enhanced viewer
* Choose your checkout time when downloading eBooks, from a drop-down list with options such as one day, two days, etc. (if enabled by the library administrator)
* Libraries that have downloads enabled can view downloaded, checked-out books in the folder, including the amount of time left on active check-outs
* Libraries that have holds enabled can place holds on books that are in use by other patrons and will receive an email notification when it becomes available
* Create and print your notes while viewing and reading eBooks, and save them for reference in your My EBSCOhost folder
Note: All pages being printed or emailed will include the EBSCOhost watermark, copyright information, and citation information, and can be printed by chapter or section.
We hope that you enjoy this opportunity to become familiar with eBooks on EBSCOhost. We encourage you to provide your feedback on eBooks on EBSCOhost by taking our survey http://support.epnet.com/contact/surveys/index.php?sid=55897&lang=en
If you are interested in learning more about eBooks on EBSCOhost and how eBooks can be easily integrated into your current database subscription, please contact us at email@example.com