Ask A Librarian
Ask A Librarian – Live Chat
|Sun||12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.|
|Mon – Thu||10:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.|
|Fri||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Sat||11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|If we’re not online use the
Ask a Librarian form
or Contact Us.
How to Start an IM Session
Click in the text box under smiling face to begin an IM session with a librarian. Type ‘guest’ and then click the Chat button to begin your session.
Use the Ask A Librarian form if our Instant Messaging (IM) Reference Service is not available.
The library has the right to save the transcripts of chat sessions for training and research purposes. Under no circumstance will the library user’s personal identification be revealed. The library will protect your privacy and any information you provide will remain strictly confidential.
- If we don’t answer your question right away, we’re busy assisting other library users. Please be patient and we’ll get to you as soon as we can.
- If you would like to notify us regarding disruptive behavior feel free to IM us for a fast reply.
- If you would like to add our Instant Messaging (IM) service to your own buddy list, please use the following information:
- AIM – askzachl
- MSN Messenger – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yahoo!Messenger – askzachl
- If you would like to send a question via text messaging using your cell phone send the message to 246246. In the message body type “send askzachl” and then the question you want to ask us. Standard rates for text messaging apply. Contact your carrier for more information.
- If you would like to send a question using Twitter, send a message to @zachshenderson and include the hashtag #refq.