Create or Renew Your New York Times Account for the New Semester!
The library provides access to the full contents of the New York Times Online. By setting up a personal account, all students, faculty, and staff can access New York Times articles from the beginning of the newspaper’s publication to the current day. In addition, you may register for complimentary access to the New York Times inEducation, an instructional design website for educators.
After setting up your personal account, occasionally you will need to renew your account to maintain free access to the New York Times Online. You may not know when your personal account will expire; however, if you suddenly are unable to open NYT articles while logged into your account, then it’s time to renew.
Create or Renew your Personal New York Times Online account:
- Make sure you are not already logged into NYTimes.com.
- Go to Georgia Southern’s sign in page at http://libez.lib.georgiasouthern.edu/login?url=http://www.nytimes.com/grouppass
- If not immediately re-directed after logging in, click here to claim your NYTimes.com Pass.
- Create a NYTimes.com account using your institutional email – or use your pre-existing profile.
Tips and Troubleshooting
- After creating an account or updating your personal account, you will be advanced to a screen with a button to connect to NYTimes.com. Click the blue button “Go to NYTimes.com” to start your pass.
- Remember the expiration time and date for when you need to go and grab a pass again by repeating steps 1 – 4 by simply logging in. Or click on the calendar reminder feature.
- After claiming your NYTimes.com pass, do not sign out so NYTimes.com remembers your personal credentials on your personal device. If working from a public computer, please do sign out. Your NYT account may be signed in directly at NYTimes.com from any computer using the same email and password used to create your account. There is no need to go through the library’s URL again until your pass needs to be renewed.
- If you go into “My Account” page under the username, you will see under DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION that you have “shared access.” Take advantage of NYT’s weekly email alerts in the gray bars in the My Account page.
- If you select “cancel”, on the “My Account” page your account will be detached from your school’s main group pass account with unlimited access to NYTimes.com, and will keep you on NYTimes.com as a registered user with access to 10 articles from NYTimes.com, which resets monthly.
- If you have been disconnected by “cancelling” your account, but wish to reconnect your account you will need to start the process again by repeating steps 1 – 4.
- If you’re having problems connecting your pre-existing account to your institution’s pass make sure that you’ve logged out of NYTimes.com prior to authenticating your pass.
- To quickly check if you are logged out of NYTimes.com – go to NYTimes.com, and click on your name if it appears on upper right. Note the current username or email and password from NYTimes.com; if you have forgotten your password to NYTimes.com, reset it at www.NYTimes.com/forgot. Then log out of NYTimes.com.
- If you have forgotten your password go to www.NYTimes.com/forgot.
- For more information, see the New York Times’ subscription page for Georgia Southern.
If you have any questions, please contact the Information Services Desk at (912)478-5645.
Posted in Hours and Special Alerts